Adapted from Mama Karen Parker, this Cajun Shrimp Pasta comes together in no time and is packed with flavor!
A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Instagram and saw Jessie James Decker post her mom’s recipe for this Cajun Pasta. Since my hubby LOVES anything with pasta, shrimp, and Cajun seasoning……I knew he would love this and immediately saved the recipe.
After running to the grocery store for the ingredients, I whipped this up with just a few changes and sure enough, it was a big hit! My favorite part was the asparagus in it as it gave the dish a slight crisp, crunch which was perfect! Of course, my hubby and kids LOVED the shrimp throughout and the Cajun flavor was the perfect addition!
If you or your kiddos don’t prefer a lot of “kick”, feel free to adjust the Cajun seasoning to desired preference!
Thanks Karen Parker, this recipe is definitely a hit!
Mama Karen Parker's Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup medium, diced
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt/Pepper/Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1 lb Pasta of choice, cooked to al dente, drained
- Add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and allow to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and cook 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Cajun, salt and pepper over shrimp and veggies.
- Pour in the Rotel and Half & Half.
- Simmer mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over pasta.
- Toss to coat thoroughly and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top