This Cajun Baked Cod comes together using only 5 ingredients and in under 20 minutes! Tender, flaky fish with a flavorful Cajun sauce drizzled on top!
Last week, I noticed Cod on sale at my grocery store and immediately added a package to my cart. My hubby LOVES fish dinners, so I knew he would be excited!
As I was unpacking the groceries, my hubby saw the package and immediately asked if we could use it for dinner versus freezing it for a later date.
I had planned on keeping it simple and seasoning it on the grill. My hubby however, decided to enhance things a bit and make a Cajun butter sauce he had found on Pinterest.
Who was I to complain about my hubby wanting to take over dinner prep, right?!
Within about 5 minutes, he had a butter sauce whipped up and began drizzling it over the fish filets.
We decided to take our Pyrex pan and cook the fish on the grill, however, this is also great in the oven!
Not only did this cod flake perfectly and have such great flavor, but it was on the table in about 20 minutes!
I served our Cajun Baked Cod over some white rice and added a side salad to keep it light and simple! Summer heat has me trying to avoid adding too many hot items to the kitchen!
Some other great side options would be veggies, serving over pasta, perhaps a bread, or even using this fish to make fish taco bowls!
So many great options and they all end with a fabulous meal!
If you want to use this recipe with salmon or tilapia, feel free to do so, just adjust the cook time slightly!
Be sure to add this to your next meal plan and let me know what you think of it in the comment section below!
Cajun Baked Cod
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Cod filets
- 1/4 cup butter *melted
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves *minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon *sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place lemon slices on bottom of a 9x13 pan, followed by Cod filets.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly on top of fish.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
- Evenly pour the sauce on top of the Cod filets.
- Place pan into preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve as is or over a bed a rice/pasta!
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic