Last weekend, our friend and Realtor over at Excel Real Estate Experts hosted an amazing BBQ. Not only did they have pony rides, carnival games, prizes, and more, but the food was AMAZING!!! When I ate the beans, I was in heaven and knew I had to get the recipe. I messaged his wife a few days later and asked for the recipe, and sure enough, she passed it my way!! Seriously, these are packed with flavor and the best beans I have had! It could be a meal in itself.
My friend Kelly and I got together a few days later to have a potluck at her house and she made these beans, her cornbread, and I brought my potato salad! A healthy meal huh?? LOL! We ate tons and definitely had happy tummies!
If you are having company over, looking for a new side dish, or going to a potluck/BBQ, I highly recommend trying these. They will be the hit of the party!!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 can (16 oz) pork n’ beans
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked/crumbled
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey (or beef) over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add in onion and cook until tender.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, excluding the bacon.
- Pour mixture into a casserole pan or slow cooker and top with crumbled, cooked bacon.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 1 hour, OR in the slow cooker for 1 hour on high, then reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2-4 hours.
To check out the potato salad I brought to my friends house, click here…….
Check out my friend’s “Killer Cornbread” that she made for our potluck……it’s amazing!! She’s a fellow food blogger over at Vixen’s Kitchen!!