If you love peanut butter and chocolate together then you’ll love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake! It satisfies all those cravings using only a handful of pantry staples!
A few nights ago, I was having a MAJOR craving for chocolate peanut butter. As I began searching my pantry, freezer, and fridge, I realized I had NOTHING. Not even a bag of chocolate chips! Something is definitely wrong with that picture, right?
Since my hubby was gone on a business trip, and my three kiddos were already tucked in bed for the night, I couldn’t even run to the store to grab something. I began thinking of just about anything that would get me through the craving and immediately thought of all those “cake in a mug” pictures I always see on Pinterest. Now, I always saw those and thought “no thanks” because there is no way a cake can be made in a mug and turn out good, right?? WRONG! After I tried this cake, I can now say, they are awesome!
The recipe I found was for a chocolate cake. Since that sounded too plain for me, I decided to add a scoop of peanut butter to the center. If you aren’t a peanut butter fan, or prefer something else, either omit the peanut butter, or use Nutella instead. Either way, if you have a craving for sweets and don’t have anything on hand, I highly recommend trying this Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake!!
16 oz Mugs: https://amzn.to/39OMPdW
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp milk
- 1/4 cup milk + 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter *optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add in the milk and oil, whisking to combine.
- Pour batter into a mug. *Use a minimum of a 14oz mug for this as it expands
- Drop the 1 tbsp. peanut butter into the center of the cake batter.
- Place the mug into the microwave and cook for 70 seconds.
- Once cooked, remove from microwave and stir slightly to incorporate the peanut butter.
- Add a scoop of ice-cream, if desired, and enjoy!