One of my most favorite dessert combinations is chocolate peanut butter. A few days ago, I decided to make a new sweet treat for us to enjoy after dinner. I wanted to use ingredients I already had on hand since I wasn’t in the mood to head to the store. After finding a recipe on Pinterest and tweaking it, these bars came about and were an amazing treat! I made them for my parents as well and we all thoroughly enjoyed them. They were not overly sweet, and the peanut butter added an amazing creaminess. The bar was semi dense, but it was the perfect texture to go along with the chocolate peanut butter topping. Using on hand ingredients, I highly recommend trying these!! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, egg, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir together. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour mixture into greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter evenly.
- Place about 6-8 dollops of peanut butter on top of the chocolate chips.
- Place baking dish into oven for about 6 minutes.
- Remove dish and using a knife, marble the chocolate and peanut butter together.
- Place dish back into oven to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!!