This Chicken Parmesan Bake is a shortcut meal to the classic favorite! Using croutons in place of breading, you’ll have dinner ready in no time!
If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE Chicken Parmesan fan. Anytime I go to an Italian restaurant, that is the one dish I always order.
In fact, I base how good an Italian resaurant is….on how good their Chicken Parmesan is. Weird, right?!
Some restaurants don’t have enough flavor to their breaded chicken, others use way too much sauce, and sometimes, restaurants bring the dish out and its quite watery. Picky me, I know!
After scrolling through Pinterest one afternoon, I saw how many varieties of the classic dish there truly were. Deciding to change it up, I decided to use croutons in place of breaded chicken and before I knew it, dinner was ready to go and a HUGE success! My kids and hubby gave this two thumbs up!
Next meal plan, be sure to give this Chicken Parmesan Bake a try! Let me know what you think in the comments below and come connect with me on Instagram HERE!
Chicken Parmesan Bake
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves *minced
- red pepper flakes *to taste
- 4 chicken breasts *boneless/skinless, diced
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Basil *chopped
- 8 oz Mozzarella *shredded
- 4 oz Parmesan *shredded
- 5 oz Croutons *Italian or Parmesan seasoned
- In a 9 x 11 baking pan, add olive oil, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to evenly spread mixture across bottom of pan evenly.
- Add chicken into pan, spread evenly (chicken is uncooked at this point).
- Spread 3 cups of marinara sauce on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle basil on top of marinara sauce.
- Using half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan, sprinkle evenly over pan.
- Top with croutons and remaining cheese.