If you know me, you know that I am a HUGE chicken Parmesan fan. Anytime I go to an Italian restaurant, that is the one dish I always order. It is sooooo yummy! This bake tastes just like a restaurants, so if you love Chicken Parmesan like I do, definitely add this to your dinner plan : )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2-3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 8 oz mozzarella, shredded
- 4 oz Parmesan, grated
- 5 oz package of croutons (Garlic or Italian seasoned)
- In a 9 x 11 baking pan, add olive oil, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to evenly spread mixture across bottom of pan evenly.
- Add chicken into pan, spread evenly (chicken is uncooked at this point).
- Spread 2-3 cups of marinara sauce on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle basil on top of marinara sauce.
- Using half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan, sprinkle evenly over pan.
- Top with croutons and remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.