My family loves trying new casseroles. Since typically they are also so easy to make, I love them too! Last week, I threw this together in no time and we were able to enjoy it for two nights. That meant one night of no cooking, SCORE! The flavors in this were amazing, and the French Onion topping really brought this to a new level. I ended up making mine the morning of instead of waiting until dinnertime, and it was great! You could also prepare this the night before and have it ready to go. Next time I make this, I will add in a bag of veggies so it turns into a full meal. Optional of course, but having one pan include everything for dinner sounds great to me! 😉
- 1 (6 oz) box Rice a Roni (I used Chicken and Garlic flavor)
- 1 can (10 0z) cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
- 6 oz French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 11 baking pan.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Once cooked, add in the mushroom soup and sour cream. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken to the rice mixture.
- Spread mixture on bottom of greased pan evenly.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle onions evenly on top.
- Place pan back into oven to cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until onions are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Tasty Kitchen