My family has a
major slight addiction to blueberry muffins. I think we have over 50 recipes, depending on the type we are in the mood for. Okay, maybe not 50, but at least 10, and for a blueberry muffin, that is a lot! Ever since we picked fresh blueberries this past summer, we have tried coming up with several ways to enjoy them. This muffin was just the right amount of blueberry, and the streusel topping made it amazing! The kids went crazy over these and my oldest declared these his new favorite. This recipe made about 16 muffins, so plenty for everyone, and great for when people come into town, brunches, etc.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Greek vanilla)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a muffin tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 cup flour, 2/3 cup sugar, melted butter, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and 3/4 cup sugar. Add in the yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients (in large bowl) and stir until just combined.
- Sprinkle blueberries with 1 tbsp flour and fold them gently into the batter.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle streusel topping generously over the top of each muffin cup.
- Place them in preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan. Enjoy!!