This cocktails name comes from the flowers used to make the blanket that drapes over the winning horse at the Preakness in Baltimore, Maryland. A citrus type cocktail made using pineapple juice, orange juice, vodka, rum, and orange liqueur….its a winner with everyone!
Last night, my parents had some friends over for drinks and dinner. My dad loves playing bartender anytime he can, so he decided to whip up this new cocktail for everyone to enjoy. One sip in, everyone declared it a hit! The citrus combination made this a refreshing drink to enjoy on the hot summer evening.
Black Eye Susan Cocktails
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp vodka
- 3 tbsp light rum
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur
- crushed ice
- lime slices, fresh cherries (optional)
- Fill 2 (12 oz) glasses with ice.
- In a pitcher, combine the orange juice, pineapple juice, vodka, rum, and liqueur.
- Pour mixture evenly over the two glasses.
- Serve with lime slices and cherries if desired.