A moist, banana muffin sprinkled with a cinnamon crumb topping that truly makes these stand apart from the ordinary!!
Having three kids, my house ALWAYS has bananas either on the counter or in the freezer. My kids go in phases. Some weeks, they act like monkey’s and plow through them all, whereas other weeks, they refuse to eat even one. Nonetheless, I can always count on having a few in my freezer for those days I feel like making bread, muffins, cake, etc.
Last week, I was on a cleaning kick and when I was reorganizing my freezer, I found wayyyyyy too many bananas. I think I counted at least 12. To use some of them up, I made these banana crumb muffins! My youngest kiddo, 6 years old, helped me whip them up, and all 3 kids enjoyed them as their afternoon snack! I even sent some to work with my hubby and the consensus was…. “huge hit”.
The muffins themselves are moist and flavorful, but the crumb topping really brings these to a new level. The cinnamon flavor mixed with the banana is a match made in Heaven.
Whether enjoyed as a breakfast treat, paired with coffee, or as a snack throughout your day….you’ll love these!!
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease/line a muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, 2 tbsp. flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the 1 tbsp. butter using a pastry blender or two forks, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly on top of muffins.
- Place tray in preheated oven and bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before removing muffins from tray.