One of my go-to dinners is spaghetti. Not only is it incredibly simple and quick to make, but it also is extremely kid friendly, which is always a must with having three kiddos! A few weeks ago, I decided to change up the normal spaghetti to this baked version. We each “cut” our own piece rather than scooping it out as spaghetti typically requires. The kids loved this and it was just as easy to make. I ended up making it a few nights later for about 8 other families! Each family came back with positive feedback and said their families loved it! This would be perfect for having company over, making for another family, freezing for a later date, etc.
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the meat and onion in a skillet until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter together.
- Drain cooked spaghetti and add pasta into the egg mixture.
- Toss to coat thoroughly.
- In a greased 9 x 13 baking pan, add half the pasta mixture to the bottom. Add half the meat sauce, followed by 1 cup cottage cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layer one more time, making sure to end with the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven, 350, for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting pieces! Enjoy!!