These Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are packed with flavor and are ready in no time using the air fryer! The perfect appetizer or snack!
Do you have an air fryer?? A few years back, when air fryers started getting more popular, I purchased one and instantly fell in love. Not only do the best fries come out of it, but so do veggies, onion rings, tenders, and now these incredible Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks.
Last week, I decided to make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders for dinner. Since I was tied up with the chicken, I asked my hubby to throw some fries into the air fryer.
As he rummaged through our freezer, he realized we didn’t have any fries on hand and therefore my quick and easy side dish option was a no go!
We had gone to Costco earlier in the week and purchased a huge bag of cheese sticks for the kids lunches, so he decided to whip up a batch of homemade mozzarella sticks. Pretty impressive, right?!
He set out to work and had these ready for us to enjoy with our sandwiches!
Not only were they perfectly crispy on the outside, but the cheese was ooey gooey and an incredible addition to our sandwiches.
Was it the healthiest dinner? No, but we sure did enjoy it!
We dipped ours into Buffalo sauce since its a favorite in my house, but Ranch or Marinara would be a great dipping option!
Not only can these be a great side dish, but they also make a great appetizer for any party! Make a large batch, add some dipping sauces, and everyone is sure to eat them up!
If you don’t have an air fryer, I highly recommend getting one. Check out the one I have HERE!
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 mozzarella sticks
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half to create a total of 12 sticks.
- Dip each cheese stick into the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring it is coated thoroughly.
- Place on cookie sheet and place cookie sheet into freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees and spray the tops of the cheese sticks with cooking spray to help brown them up a bit.
- Place cheese sticks into basket and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve!