Oh boy!! Let me tell you, this dip is a HIT!! Seriously, something so simple to prepare, ends up being the most talked about dish anywhere it goes!!
This past weekend, my neighborhood hosted a crawfish boil. Typical Southern get together, right?!?
Anyhow, each couple was in charge of bringing a dish to share, so I decided to whip this up. Within seconds of me placing it on the table, people migrated over and began to try it. It was instantly a hit and scraped clean in no time! Maybe double this recipe if preparing for a large gathering so everyone gets some!!
I don’t know if its the bacon that makes this, the crunch from the slivered almonds, or if its the combo of all 5 ingredients. Whatever the reason, it definitely is a must try next party or gathering you host/attend!!
- Green onions, chopped (I used about 7, but you can use more/less depending on preference)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (can also use sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon bits, and almonds.
- Stir until combined.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers of choice. (I use Ritz)
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic