Last weekend, my husband made this coffee cake for our breakfast and it was fabulous. I was able to drink my coffee while he prepared this, so I think I definitely enjoyed that part the most.
Not only did our house smell amazing (think cinnamon rolls), but when it was ready to eat and we took our first bite, it was mouth watering amazing! Seriously, the cake was light and fluffy, the topping had a small crunch to it, and combined, it was a delicious breakfast treat!
Whether preparing for brekafast, having company over, or as an evening sweet treat….this cake is just the thing to make!! You’ll love it!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. water
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a 9 x 13 and pour the batter evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small dish and spread evenly on top of the batter.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While cake is baking, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, and water together to form the glaze.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cooled cake and serve!!