Last week while my two older kids were at school, I was in the mood to bake. Since I had some extra time (crazy, right??), I decided to make these muffins so everyone could enjoy them as a snack after school, and I wouldn’t feel AS guilty serving them since they have zucchini in them.
My littlest kiddo and I set out to work and had these in the oven in no time. Since my youngest is obsessed with zucchini, he was quite excited about these and literally watched them bake in the oven. He was excited I gave him the job of official taste tester.
Once they were out of the oven, he had one within a few minutes and labelled them “amazing”, “yummy”, and asked for another one! My older kids came home that afternoon and also gobbled them up for their snack.
All in all, these were a definite success and are the perfect breakfast or snack, and go great with a cup of coffee!!
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 1/3 cups shredded zucchini
- 6 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease or line a mini muffin tray with liners or spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger.
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, oil, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into lined/greased muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!