One of my favorite dinners to make is stir fry. You can add in as many vegetables as desired and play with the varieties. Since my kids love broccoli and carrots, I almost always add those in. Typically I make a Chinese Chicken Stir Fry but last week, since I had some Italian dressing to use up, I decided to use that in place of soy sauce. The kids really enjoyed this and my hubby and I said we may enjoy it more than the Chinese version I make. It was a light tasting, simple dinner that was full of colorful veggies and tender chicken. I served this over rice, but you could enjoy it by itself, over pasta, etc.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Rice (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, onion, carrots, and peppers.
- Add in the chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Add the broccoli and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve over rice or pasta, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.