If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, this is a MUST TRY!!!! Seriously, these go down as one of my top three desserts, EVER!! I am a huge chocoholic and the flavor of these is amazing! When my hubby got home from work last night, I cut one in half and had him try it immediately. He fell in love with these as well! Whether enjoyed while warm, or after these have set up, they are amazing!! The perfect weekend dessert to try!!
Ingredients: (recipe adapted from Chocolate Therapy)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, combine the sugar, butter, and water.
- Microwave in 45 second increments until butter is melted.
- Add in the 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet) and stir until melted. *If not melting entirely, stick back into microwave for a few seconds.
- Stir mixture until completely combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Allow batter to cool off slightly, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Grease or line a muffin tray and fill each tin with batter, about 3/4 full.
- Place muffin tray in a preheated oven, 350, and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Once brownie cups are baked, remove from oven and allow to cool off for about 5 minutes.
- If brownie centers do not cave in when cooling, use a tablespoon and gently press into the middle of each cup creating a small divot.
- Microwave the peanut butter until creamy and melted.
- Pour about 1 tbsp peanut butter into each brownie cup center. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.