This yummy treat was made entirely by my hubby. Last night, after we ate dinner, we were both in the mood for some dessert. We are both HUGE fans of chocolate peanut butter treats, so he threw these together and they were amazing!! Definitely the perfect way to satisfy any sweet tooth!! What a hubby I have, huh? : )
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add in oil, water, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- In a different bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar, beat until creamy.
- Spoon 1 tbsp chocolate batter into each muffin cup. Place 1 tbsp of peanut butter mixture on top of each cup. Repeat layers one time creating a 4 layered muffin cup.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips and semi sweet chips on top and place tin in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when entered in center.
- Once baked, allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
Makes about 18 cupcakes!