For our guest recipe submission number 2, Carson has shared his amazing Tennessee Tenders!! Not only do these look amazing, but when he posted this picture on our Facebook page, several people begged for the recipe. Well……here it is!! Thank you so much Carson for sharing this fabulous recipe, I cannot wait to try them!!
“Tennessee Tenders are chicken tenderloins I smoke for my wife’s Sunday School Class. I enjoy bringing these to their Annual Christmas gathering because everyone loves them. Some folks like them plain. Others like Ranch, Honey Mustard & Blue Cheese to dip them. We also smoke wings using this recipe. We use 1/2 a slice of bacon on them.”
One of our favorite rubs to use on chicken would have to be Chupacabra! We literally use it on chicken, vegetables, eggs, and just about anything else! Check it out and perhaps give it a try on this recipe! Also make sure you check out our other smoker recipes HERE, lots to choose from and all have been family approved!
Let me know what you think if you try this recipe and be sure to come connect with me on Instagram! Click HERE to follow me!
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Your favorite rub *check out Chupacabra seasoning link above
- thin sliced bacon
- butter, salted
- wood chips for smoker *I use apple
- Coat each side of the tenders with rub. (I coat each side with a different rub from above)
- Wrap each tender with a slice of bacon (Sam’s has a 10lb box of restaurant style bacon. The slices are separated and on wax paper. They are easy to peel off. Your bacon does not need to be frozen. You like a little stretch to it. It freezes well too)
- Get your smoker to 300 degrees. Put your tenders on the smoker.
- Add some chips to the fire.
- Smoke your tenders at 250-300 degrees.
- Flip the tenders after an hour.
- They are done when the tenders reach 165 degrees.
- Slather them with a generous helping of butter. Serve!