These Mac and Cheese Muffin Cups are kid friendly, quick to prepare, and packed with flavor! Great for parties, gatherings, or on go as well!!
A few weeks ago, while my hubby was on a business trip, I decided to make their favorite dinner….macaroni and cheese! I was in the mood to change things up a bit, so I made them into muffins!! My kids LOVED these and each of them ate two!
The great part about these is prep is easy, you can prepare them ahead of time and simply reheat when needed, and these make a great appetizer, snack, or meal (if paired with a side or two).
Change up boring ol’ Mac and Cheese and make these muffins…..you’ll be glad you did!!
Mac and Cheese Muffin Cups
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place liners into muffin tray.
- Spray cooking spray into each muffin cup to avoid sticking.
- Cook macaroni as directed on box. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add in the flour, salt, and pepper and stir with whisk until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Slowly pour in the milk, heating until just boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni.
- Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave the remaining 2 tbsp butter until melted.
- Stir in the bread crumbs.
- Spoon mixture evenly on top of macaroni cups.
- Place muffin tray into oven and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!