This Instant Pot Jambalaya brings the New Orleans classic dish to your table in no time! Packed with flavor, this is one meal that will have you going back for seconds!
Up until a few years ago, I had honestly never even heard of Jambalaya. New Orleans food consisted of the Zatarain’s product line from the grocery store (I know, sad, right?!).
Well, that changed when my neighbors moved in. They came from Louisiana, so they knew authentic Cajun. One evening, they had us over for Jambalaya and it was at that moment that I knew, it was a new favorite of mine.
My hubby and I travelled to New Orleans for a weekend getaway and the food was amazing! My hubby is a huge gumbo fan and although I love it too, Jambalaya is my top fav!
Since my first experience was a from scratch, authentic version, trying the grocery store mixes never really lived up to my expectation. However, after many failed attempts at making my own (and my fail I mean EPIC FAIL), I finally succeeded and this Instant Pot version is the BEST!!!
I decided to try my hand at it again this past week and must admit, my whole family was hesitant due to how awful a few other trials had been. Some were so bad that we literally took one bite and ended up ordering take out. Terrible, I know.
One bite into this recipe though, we knew, I had hit a home run. This not only was incredibly simple and quick to prepare, but the flavors combined perfectly. I added a splash of hot sauce, but the rest of the family ate theirs as is and said they enjoyed it.
This definitely goes down as my new favorite and I was stoked to have been able to recreate a dish that truly tasted like the versions we enjoyed in New Orleans last year!
Whether you like a kick to your Jambalaya and want to add some hot sauce, or prefer a more mild taste, this dish is one you must try! I served my Cheddar Bay Biscuits on the side and it complimented the meal perfectly!
Instant Pot Jambalaya
- 14 oz andouille sausage, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- Place the sausage, onion, red pepper, green pepper, and garlic into the Instant Pot.
- Turn on the sauté function and allow to cook for about 6 minutes, or until peppers/onion are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and rice. Stir well.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is in sealed position.
- Turn saute function off and set to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once timer is finished, do a quick release.
- Open the lid and allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve! Add a splash of hot sauce on top if desired! Enjoy!
Here is the Instant Pot I use and love, https://amzn.to/2xmuGSF
Soup Bowls as shown in picture, https://amzn.to/2Mwm81j