This creamy soup is packed with fresh broccoli, shredded carrots, and tons of flavor! Ready in no time using your Instant Pot, it makes a great lunch or dinner!
One of my favorite soups from Panera Bread, is their Broccoli Cheese Soup! A few years back, I created an “at home” version that is now my go to recipe each time I am in the mood for a bowl.
Since I recently purchased an Instant Pot, I decided to try my hand at coming up with a version to make the classic soup in half the time. After a few tweaks, adjustments, and trials, this soup is just as yummy as Panera Bread’s soup and is ready to enjoy in no time!
Packed with chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, and a splash of hot sauce, this soup makes a great lunch or dinner, and even reheats perfectly! Whether you use fresh broccoli or frozen, either will work great!
Paired with a roll, you have a meal that everyone will request over and over again! If you haven’t purchased an Instant Pot, I highly recommend looking into it. This meal alone makes the investment worth it!!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped (fresh is best)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- Place broccoli, onion, carrots, salt, and chicken broth into your Instant Pot.
- Place lid securely on and lock closed. Make sure valve on top is on "sealed".
- Place on manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release (place a towel on top, just in case).
- When pin drops, open lid and stir in the milk/heavy cream.
- Turn Instant Pot back on and press saute. Allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Slowly stir in the cheese, allowing to melt fully.
- Stir in the hot sauce.
- Serve immediately!