This Garlic and Feta Chicken Spaghetti is packed with flavor! Ready in under 20 minutes, this is the perfect busy night dinner option!
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE Feta! It is one of my most favorite cheeses to add to salads, pizza, pastas, and more!
It surprises me because truth be told, I can’t stand most cheeses! I enjoy some cheese shredded or sprinkled on top, but anything that hardens, is chunked, melted, etc is a no go with me. Crazy, right?!
A few weeks back, this pasta dish was something I kind of threw together for a quick dinner option. I didn’t have a lot of thought that went into it, just sort of winged it!
My original idea was to make some buttered pasta, perhaps using a Garlic Sage sauce. However, after tossing things in, rummaging through my pantry/refrigerator and more…. I made this garlic sauce and it is pretty darn incredible. This dish surprised even me, haha!
Adding in the grape tomatoes was an after thought that ended up being one of my favorite thoughts!
If you aren’t a fan of Feta, no worries, you can use Parmesan or Mozzarella in its place!
If you don’t have spaghetti or fettuccine noodles, use what you have on hand! This pasta can truly be made to your likes and preferences!
Are you a mushroom fan? Toss them in! Black olives? Sure! See? Lots of options and ideas!
The one thing I will strongly encourage is to use FRESH garlic! I know, I know….jarred and dried is so much easier. Trust me on this though. The flavor is far more enhanced using fresh!
If you’re looking for a fresh, flavorful meal idea….definitely try my Garlic and Feta Chicken Spaghetti and let me know what you think!
Garlic Press: https://amzn.to/2G7yFuk
Garlic and Feta Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless/skinless, diced
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccine noodles, cooked to al dente
- 2 tbsp seasoning of choice *I use Chupacabra (see link above)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Add chicken to a medium skillet and sprinkle seasoning on top. *you can add a bit of oil if desired, my chicken was semi frozen still so I didn't
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the skillet.
- Add in the garlic and cook over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add in the flour and allow to simmer for about 1 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and simmer until mixture thickens a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the cooked chicken and pasta, combining thoroughly.
- Add in the tomatoes and allow to cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese on top and serve!