Chewy, fudgy homemade brownies with peanut butter swirled throughout. Need I say more? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies are amazing, addicting, and simply a must try!!
Last Friday, I knew that I had a major sweet craving coming on. I had to decide….”do I say no and watch calories” or “do I change into my yoga pants and indulge in a dessert”?
Love desserts?? Also check out these great recipes:
Well, based on the fact that this recipe is up, you know what I chose! I knew I wanted something with chocolate, but the peanut butter addition didn’t come into play until right before these were ready for the oven.
I whipped up my favorite homemade brownie and had it ready to go. Just as I was putting these into the oven, I began to rack my brain for ways to change it up and make it even more exciting. That’s when I thought of peanut butter. My fav combo ever! I put some in the microwave so I could drizzle it on top of the brownies. Then, using a knife, I marbled it throughout. Perfection!! It was ready for the oven!
After these were done baking, my hubby and I added a scoop of ice-cream (don’t judge…..I figured if I am having dessert, I needed to go all out), and these were amazing!
Moist, fudge-like brownies with peanut butter swirled throughout.
It was the perfect dessert to end our work week with!
How to prepare these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies:
Preheat oven- to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Melt shortening- in a saucepan over low heat. Add in cocoa powder.
Remove from heat- and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.
Add in eggs- one at a time.
Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt- stir to combine.
Spread batter- into greased pan.
Melt peanut butter- in microwave (about 3-45 seconds).
Drizzle the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter- use a knife to create “marbleized” look.
Place pan in oven- and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
Remove pan from oven and allow to cool- for at least 25 minutes before cutting into desired size pieces. Enjoy!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies satisfy anyones sweet tooth craving! Print the recipe below and be sure to give these a try!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour *all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Melt shortening in a saucepan over low heat. Add in cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Once combined, add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave (about 30-45 seconds).
- Drizzle the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter and use a knife to create “marbleized” look.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for at least 25 minutes before cutting into desired size pieces. Enjoy!!
Recipe updated 10/26/21