Each Monday is cleaning day in my house. The kids are back at school, the hubby back at work, and I spend most of the day deep cleaning the house from the previous week/weekend.
Since it takes me most of the day, I never want to cook dinner and make a mess, therefore, I always plan a slow cooker meal each and every Monday!
A few weeks ago, I was meal planning (typically on Sundays) for the week and found a huge bag of tortillas in my freezer. Since I had been dying to try a new enchilada recipe, I decided to use them up and plan it for Monday!
I tossed everything into the slow cooker Monday morning, cleaned the house, and by the afternoon, the chicken was tender and ready to be shredded. I was able to make the enchiladas before getting into the car line at school to pick up my kids, so once they were home and homework was done, I popped the tray into the oven and dinner was done!
The entire family, especially my hubby, went crazy over these and everyone had seconds! The hubby even took leftovers for lunch the next day! All in all, this was a big success and two thumbs up! I had a clean house, happy tummies, and didn’t have to spend much time making dinner!!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp. taco seasoning (or 1 store bought packet)
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 15 oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 flour tortillas
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning, dry ranch dressing mix, garlic, and red pepper flakes on top of chicken.
- Pour chicken broth around chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for about 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred using two forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing and salsa.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop a small amount of the ranch salsa mixture and spread it on bottom of baking pan.
- To assemble enchiladas, spread a layer of ranch salsa mixture evenly onto each tortilla. Follow it up with a layer of shredded chicken, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll each tortilla tightly up and place in a single layer on bottom of baking pan, seam side down.
- Continue until pan is filled with rolled enchiladas.
- Sprinkle any remaining cheese on top of enchiladas.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle a small amount of ranch dressing on top….then serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Six Sisters Stuff