Oh yes, this pie is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! Seriously, loaded with a rich, chocolate flavor and incredibly simple to whip up! Your guests will think you spent tons of effort in the kitchen making this, but we’ll just keep that our little secret, hehe!
I made this a few weeks back for my family to enjoy over the weekend and it was a big hit! The slight hint of coffee was one of my favorite parts of this because let’s be real, I am a coffee kinda gal! If I can put coffee and dessert together, I am good to go!!
Next time you want a sweet treat, I highly recommend trying this!!
- 1 pre-made Chocolate pie crust (you can make your own if desired, I just choose to take shortcuts, hehe)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp hot water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low-medium heat.
- When chocolate starts to melt, remove from heat and continuously stir until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside and allow chocolate to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water and coffee. Allow to sit for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla to the coffee mixture and stir until all is combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into prepared chocolate pie crust.
- Place pie into refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat mixture with a handheld electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and spread the cream mixture over the bottom layer making sure to smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top and freeze pie for a minimum of 6 hours.
Recipe adapted from: Very Best Baking