Nothing beats putting ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning, walking away for the day, and coming back in the evening to a warm, flavorful meal. Not only does it save time, but it also allows for errands to be run, the house to be cleaned, or if you are just feeling lazy, you do sit down and relax (hehe)!
Last week, I spent the entire day cleaning our house. Since we just moved in, it took extra time trying to get construction dust, dirt, etc. off of everything. The last thing I wanted to worry about was dinner. So, I popped the needed ingredients into my slow cooker and come evening, dinner was served! I served it with some flour tortillas, but you could use tortilla chips if desired.
Leftovers the next day were just as good (if not better), and we got another full dinner (family of five) out of this!!
If you love soups, slow cookers, and Tex-Mex, you will love this!! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. can chopped green chile peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 1 tsp dried cilantro ( or 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro)
- Tortillas/tortilla chips
- Put the chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chile peppers, garlic, chicken broth, black beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, corn, and cilantro into your slow cooker.
- Place lid on top and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- Shred chicken and stir mixture.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, sour cream, etc. if desired.