Chewy, fudgy homemade brownies with peanut butter swirled throughout. Need I say more? These are amazing, addicting, and simply a must try!!
Last Friday, I knew that I had a major sweet craving coming on. I had to decide….”do I say no and watch calories” or “do I change into my yoga pants and indulge in a dessert”? Well, based on the fact that this recipe is up, you know what I chose! I knew I wanted something with chocolate, but the peanut butter addition didn’t come into play until right before these were ready for the oven. I whipped up my favorite homemade brownie and had it ready to go. Just as I was putting these into the oven, I began to rack my brain for ways to change it up and make it even more exciting. That’s when I thought of peanut butter. My fav combo ever! I put some in the microwave so I could drizzle it on top of the brownies. Then, using a knife, I marbled it throughout. Perfection!! It was ready for the oven!
After these were done baking, my hubby and I added a scoop of ice-cream (don’t judge…..I figured if I am having dessert, I needed to go all out, hehe), and these were amazing! Moist, fudge like brownies with peanut butter swirled throughout. It was the perfect dessert to end our work week with!
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Melt shortening in a saucepan over low heat. Add in cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Once combined, add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave (about 3-45 seconds).
- Drizzle the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter and use a knife to create “marbleized” look.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for at least 25 minutes before cutting into desired size pieces. Enjoy!!