This post brought to you by Simply Potatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Cookin’ Chicks.
One of my most favorite appliances to use in the Fall/back to school season, is my slow cooker. Not only does it save me time, but it is also so convenient! Last weekend, I whipped my families most favorite hash brown casserole together and had it prepped in less than 5 minutes!! We returned home later that afternoon and the house smelled wonderful!!
I like to use Simply Potatoes products in my casseroles/recipes due to the fact that they are always fresh, never frozen, use real ingredients, and are easy to find in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. Their products make the prep of our meals convenient and simple!
In fact, Simply Potatoes is giving one of YOU a brand new crockpot!!! All you need to do is comment below, on this post, telling me what is the first thing you would make in your new slow cooker!!! I will randomly select a winner on Sep 15!
Check out the hash brown recipe below, its a must try!!
- 26-32 oz Simply Potatoes hash browns
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, shredded cheese, and melted butter.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray or place a liner inside.
- Spread hash brown mixture evenly into slow cooker and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until casserole is golden brown on edges and bubbly!