Now that my family has moved to Texas, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make Texas Caviar at our family BBQ last weekend. To celebrate Fourth of July, my brothers family, parents, and my family all got together! I volunteered to make my potato salad and this yummy caviar! This was definitely a huge hit and even all the kids (all 6 of them), ate this up and had seconds! Not only was this incredibly flavorful, but it wasn’t filling, and was perfect as an appetizer! I added a scoop to my cheeseburger and it was delicious! Next BBQ or picnic you go to, definitely prepare this!!
- 2 (15 oz) cans black eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 1 red onion, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 jalapeno, cored, de-seeded, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in one medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place bowl into refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, best overnight.
- Stir well prior to serving!
- Serve with chips, crackers, on burgers, tacos, etc.