With Fall here, it is time to bring out those slow cookers!! I LOVE my slow cooker, and love dinners in which I have hardly any work to do!
Last week, I threw some ingredients into my slow cooker, crossed my fingers and hoped it was a hit! Was it? YES!! Not only did my hubby and I love it, but my three picky kids did too!! I served ours over rice, but you could serve it in a tortilla, over pasta, by itself, or even over tortilla chips to make nachos!! However you choose to enjoy this, it is sure to be a quick, inexpensive, delicious meal for everyone!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde OR try our homemade salsa verde
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Rice, Pasta, Tortillas, etc
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour salsa verde on top of chicken, coating entirely.
- Sprinkle garlic, cumin, and onion on top of chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and allow to cook on low for about 6-7 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
- Shred chicken using two forks once cooked, and serve over rice, pasta, or tortillas!!