Last week, pineapples were on sale at my grocery store. Since my kids are obsessed with the fruit, I decided to pick a few up. After going through two of them and having one more left, I decided to use it with our dinner. I threw the ingredients for this chicken in the slow cooker, and served a fresh slice of pineapple on each sandwich that evening! The flavor was amazing! It had a sweet yet somewhat salty taste and was delicious! We all enjoyed ours as a sandwich, however, you could enjoy it in a tortilla, on a bed of lettuce, over rice, pasta, etc.
If you don’t already have a pineapple corer/slicer, click the link below to see a great deal on one! This is one of my most favorite kitchen gadgets and makes slicing pineapple so simple!!!
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh pineapple (if making sandwiches)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Hamburger buns, pasta, rice…whatever you would like to serve this on/with
- In a slow cooker pot, place the chicken on the bottom.
- Add the crushed pineapple, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours, high for about 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through, shred using two forks.
- To serve, place chicken on hamburger buns followed by fresh pineapple slices and red onion. If using pasta or rice to serve it on, simply add chicken and onion on top, followed by fresh sliced pineapple if desired!