Become your own barista and make your own homemade Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe. This is a great recipe that will save you time and money!
With summer upon us, I decided that I NEEDED to find a cold drink to make. With three small kids playing in the pool, it doesn’t leave much time to load them up in the car and head to the local Starbucks, so…. I brought Starbucks to my kitchen….my version of it anyways.
Once you see how easy it is to make a creamy Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe at home, you’ll never miss the fat and calories you’re saving.
Ingredients Needed for this Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe:
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Sugar (to taste)
How to prepare:
Brew 1 1/2 cups coffee (I doubled it to make two drinks for my hubby and I).
Once brewed, place coffee in the freezer for 4 hours, or until frozen.
Once coffee is frozen, place in blender with remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
*If frozen coffee is too frozen for your blender to handle, simply allow coffee to thaw for a few minutes on counter.
Serve and enjoy!
Other coffee recipes to try:
What kind of coffee to use for this Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe?
Honestly, the preference is yours! Do you prefer a light roast? Medium? Dark? They all work!
Light roast coffee is a light brown color and has no oil on the surface of the beans. These coffees typically have a crisp acidity, a mellow body, and bright flavors.
Medium roast coffee is a brown color and rarely has an oily surface. These coffees have a medium acidity and body, as well as a rounded flavor profile.
Dark roast coffee is a dark brown color and often has an oily surface. These coffees have a low acidity, heavy body, and tend to reveal deeper, darker flavors.
Fun toppings to add:
Since this is the skinny version, I typically serve this as is.
However, if you want to have a little fun with it, you can add some whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or sprinkles prior to enjoying this drink!
Drizzle Chocolate Syrup in your glass prior to serving
Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe
- 1 1/2 cups coffee *frozen
- 1/2 cup milk *skim
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar *more or less depending on sweetness desired
- Brew 1 1/2 cups coffee (I doubled it to make two drinks for my hubby and I). Once brewed, place coffee in the freezer for 4 hours, or until frozen. Once coffee is frozen, place in blender with remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- *If frozen coffee is too frozen for your blender to handle, simply allow coffee to thaw for a few minutes on counter.
- Serve and enjoy!