One of my favorite side dishes with dinner, is potatoes! There are so many different varieties, so you can really change flavors and play around with combos.
This past week, I went through the my pantry and noticed I had half a bag of potatoes to use up. Since I didn’t feel like making mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, or even fries (frying can be a pain, haha), I opted for wedges!! I had never made them before, so I found myself on YouTube watching how to even cut a potato into a wedge, LOL!!
Once I got through the cutting stage (don’t worry, I walk you through it below), I played around with some spices and the end result was fabulous!! My family loves garlic, so I added some to this and it really enhanced the flavor.
If you love potatoes, I highly recommend these wedges. Very similar to fries, only baked and a bit thicker!! Play around with your favorite seasonings and be sure to let me know what you think!!
*To cut wedges, slice potato in half lengthwise. Take those halves and cut them into thirds. This will give you 6 “wedges” per potato.
Seasoned Potato Wedges
- 8 Russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the olive oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, onion powder, and wedged potatoes.
- Seal bag and shake around until coated evenly.
- Open bag and empty onto a cookie sheet sprayed with baking spray.
- Evenly spread wedges to create single layer.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly on top of wedges and place cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with ketchup if desired. Enjoy!!