Over the weekend, with my mom being in town, I decided to whip up this pumpkin cake for breakfast. The kids got quite excited to hear me say “cake for breakfast”. This took no time to whip up and we ended up with enough leftovers for the next morning as well. Both my mom and I agreed, this would be the perfect cake to make when having company over, or having coffee with friends. The cake is quite moist and light tasting, so it doesn’t leave you feeling too full. With the Fall season here, definitely try this, you’ll love it!!
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix (18 oz box) OR you can use spice cake mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Add in the cake mix and baking soda, stirring until just combined.
- Grease a bundt pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350, for about 30-35 minutes.
- Once cake is baked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and melted butter.
- Move cake to a cookie sheet and spread glaze on top.
- Place cake back into oven for an additional 10 minutes. This allows the glaze to melt onto the cake and firm up a bit.
- Remove from oven and serve!!