This flavorful, moist, pumpkin bread is packed with decadent chocolate chips throughout, making it a perfect Fall treat!
Can you believe that its already Fall?!? Where the heck has this year gone, am I right? Well, Fall happens to be my most favorite season of the year, so I am one happy girl these days. Yes, I live in Houston, so Fall is only about 5 degrees cooler, but hey, I’ll take it!
Last week, I noticed canned pumpkin on sale at my local grocery store and of course I stocked up. I like to keep a few cans on hand because you never know when the urge will hit to whip up pumpkin cookies, muffins, breads, etc. I opted to make this bread because I was in the mood for something sweet, I had chocolate chips to use up, and I knew my family would love it.
Not only was it simple to make, but it was moist, flavorful, packed with chocolate chips, and a huge hit with not only my family, but all of my hubby’s coworkers!
This bread is perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning, for a snack throughout the day, or enjoyed as an evening sweet treat!
Enjoy and happy Fall y’all!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 5 mini loaf pans, or 2 regular sized loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and place in oven for about 40 minutes if using mini loaf pans, 60-70 minutes if using regular sized loaf pans.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve!!
Do you follow me on Pinterest?? If not, click HERE!! You don’t want to miss all the yummy recipes I share 🙂