My family LOVES enjoying muffins for breakfasts on the weekends. Typically, we are able to make a batch on a Saturday, and all enjoy them both Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Last weekend, the kids really wanted muffins, the hubby wanted pancakes, and I was wanting some chocolate. Yes, chocolate in the morning, haha! Anyhow, I decided to make everyone happy by whipping these up quickly. These came together incredibly quickly, were packed with flavor, and everyone went crazy over them. I made them mini sized because that is what we preferred, however, you could make these bigger if you want. A hint of maple syrup flavor, chocolate, all packed into a mini pancake muffin, these are sure to have you going back for more!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease a mini muffin pan (or regular sized pan if preferred)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the muffin tray about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!!
Recipe from: Bakerella