Having three young kids, my mornings typically are pressed for time and breakfast is one of those things I just don’t always have time for. I know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and trust me, mid morning, my stomach would agree, but one thing leads to another and soon, I skipped breakfast.
Last week, I was scrolling through Pinterest and came across oatmeal jars. I instantly became intrigued because my hubby and I are big oatmeal fans! I decided to make my own version using freeze dried fruits I had on hand already. The next morning, we boiled up our water in the microwave, poured it into our jars, did a few tasks around the house, and 20 minutes later….breakfast was ready!! The great thing is, you can bring it with you anywhere you go since its in a jar!
We added in some cinnamon, blueberries, and cranberries, but you could add in apple, banana, raspberry, etc.
Not only are these jars easy to prepare, they are extremely healthy and if you prep on a Sunday, you can make enough for the entire week!! Win win, right??
Breakfast no longer gets skipped in my house!!
Ingredients: (per jar)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. freeze dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp. freeze dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a mason jar, add in the oats.
- Add in the blueberries, cranberries, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Put lid on jar and tightly seal.
- Store until ready to eat…..don’t store longer then 10 days.
- When ready to enjoy, add 1 cup boiling water to the jar and allow to sit 20 minutes.
- Stir until combined. Enjoy!!