Where oh where have these been my whole life?? Have you tried them?? If not, definitely do so!!!
Last week, I made my Mississippi Roast (also a must try) and was trying to think up a side dish to serve with them. I only have 5 potatoes on hand (weird, right??), but wanted to use them up. After looking through cookbooks, Pinterest, and Google, I got the inspiration to try these out! After prepping for only 5 minutes, these were ready for the oven. Each and every family member (including three picky kiddos) LOVED these!! Next time, I will have to make more than 5!
The butter, cheeses, and seasonings gave these potatoes such great flavor. The outside of the potato was crispy similar to a fry, while the middle was perfectly soft/tender!!
Hope you enjoy these as much as my family did!!!
- 5 potatoes, medium
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- seasonings of choice (parsley, chives, thyme, etc)
- 4 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, but NOT all the way through.
- Place potatoes into a baking dish and slightly fan out the slices.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and drizzle the butter evenly on top.
- Sprinkle herbs on top.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on potatoes and place back into oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!