With summer upon us, there is nothing better than fresh pineapple served with dinner. My kids go crazy over it, and we LOVE adding it to our grilled dishes. Last week, as we were slicing the pineapple up, we decided to sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top prior to grilling. Oh my goodness! It was amazing!! Cinnamon definitely enhanced the flavor and is definitely our new way of serving this! We paired ours with our salmon dinner, but this would be great with burgers, hot dogs, and any other BBQ. Not only is this a refreshing, flavorful addition, but it is also healthy and you don’t have to feel guilty going back for seconds, thirds, or even fourths!! Enjoy!
- Ground Cinnamon
- Peel and core the pineapple.
- Slice pineapple into wedges.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on the tops of each pineapple wedge.
- Place pineapple in a grilling basket, cast iron skillet, or directly onto the grill.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until turning golden brown.
- Remove from grill and serve!!
*This recipe makes as little or as much as needed, so it is perfect to change up based on needs