These Glazed Strawberry Lime Muffins are moist, flavorful, and make a great breakfast/snack option! Nothing screams summer more than strawberry lime, right?!
Last week, as I was unpacking my groceries, I realized I had bought a new container of strawberries, but still had one package in my refrigerator.
The banana bread idea quickly vanished once I realized I didnt have any bananas in my freezer! Crazy, right? I almost always have at least 5-8 on hand!
Back to the drawing board on ideas, I decided to go the route of muffins. We also had some fresh limes, so I decided to combine the two flavors into one tasty muffin!
After preparing the batter, it already smelled incredible and hadn’t even been baked yet!
To top these muffins off, I added a lime glaze and let me tell you, that may just be the best part. Adding the perfect touch of flavor to the top, these muffins were quickly devoured by my entire family!
Whether you enjoy these Glazed Strawberry Lime Muffins as a breakfast, snack, or evening treat….these will be a favorite with everyone!
If you are a muffin fan like me, also be sure to check out my other muffin recipes HERE! So many different varieties everyone will love!
Glazed Strawberry Lime Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper/silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and lime zest.
- Scoop batter evenly into each prepared muffin cup, filling about 3/4 full.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lime zest, and juice.
- Once muffins have cooled, dip top of muffins into the glaze coating thoroughly.
Recipe adapted from: Bakerish