These Ghost Cupcakes have a Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting that turns these spooky sweet treats into a fun, festive way to celebrate Halloween!
Do you love Halloween? Check these out:
With Halloween creeping up on us, I decided to make these friendly Ghost cupcakes for my family. My kiddos loved them, as did my parents, brother, his family, and the neighbors!!
Believe it or not, this was my first attempt at making homemade frosting and it was fabulous! I have always been a “store bought” type of gal with frosting, but this marshmallow buttercream changed my thinking! Great consistency, easy to whip up, and incredibly flavorful! The frosting was not overly sweet and tasted like one big marshmallow!! Much more flavorful than the jarred frostings sold at the store!
You can use it on any cupcake flavor, anytime of the year, but it makes great ghosts with just the simple addition of chocolate chips!!
My family isn’t really big on Halloween, we like to save our efforts for Christmas, but these cupcakes were the perfect way to keep things simple and enjoy the festive occasion! With the kids dressing up as different characters, these cupcakes were a great kick off to go collect even more sugar filled treats, haha!
Ingredients Needed for these tasty Ghost Cupcakes:
Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
Mini chocolate chips
Regular sized chocolate chips
Enjoy and have a Happy Halloween! Be sure to let me know what you think of these in the comment section below if you give them a try! Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Ghost Cupcakes with a Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting are a fun, flavorful, festive sweet treat! Print the recipe below to give them a try!
Ghost Cupcakes w/ Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1 box chocolate cake mix *plus ingredients on box
- 1 cup butter *softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mini/Regular chocolate chips
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box or in recipe link above.
- Allow cupcakes to cool entirely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the marshmallow cream and mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag. *I used a round star tip, but you can use round tips, or any desired.
- Frost each cupcake and add two mini chocolate chips for eyes and one regular size chocolate chip for mouth.