These Chicken Tinga Tacos are topped with the best toppings and flavor packed in a chili based sauce! Simple to prepare and quick to devour, you’ll love these!
I don’t know about you, but my family and I LOVE Mexican food. Anything from authentic Mexican cuisine, to Tex Mex. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tortas, nachos, and more!
Last week, my hubby made these tacos while I was in charge of the rice and beans! He set out to enhance our go to chicken tacos and wow, he succeeded. The chili based sauce the chicken was coated in had a slight kick to it, but my picky little ones still enjoyed it, so it wasn’t too spicy.
The toppings alone on these tacos were my favorite part! I love crumbled Cotija cheese and fresh avocado, so I was in Heaven.
By the time I had the rice and beans ready, he had the tacos ready to go, and I even cheated and used my Instant Pot for my part. That alone should tell you how simple and quick these came together!
My kids happily ate theirs up and even took a fork to scoop up the excess chicken that had fallen out of their tacos! Impressive, right?!
We used corn tortillas, but if you prefer flour, go for it! If there are certain toppings you prefer or don’t like on these, simply add or omit. You can make these tacos to fit your preference, so its something everyone will enjoy!
Next time Taco Tuesday rolls around, or you’re just looking for a simple, yummy meal….I highly recommend whipping these up! Leftovers are just as tasty the next night, so be sure to add these to your meal plan!
*Make sure you sign up for my newsletter below! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox! PLUS, I have monthly, free prize giveaways for my subscribers only! Coming up soon is an Instant Pot! You don’t want to miss that!
We love our taco stands because it makes assembling them so simple, check the stands out here: https://amzn.to/2tXc3DR
Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce *you'll find this in the Mexican section of your grocery store
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup fire roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 12 tortillas (corn or flour)
- avocado, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- red onion, diced
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- lime, sliced into wedges
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat.
- Once warm, add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Stir in the chipotle peppers, oregano, and cumin. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, chicken broth, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place mixture into blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Return mixture to the skillet and add in the chicken. Add more salt if desired.
- Remove chicken from heat and assemble into tortilla shells with garnishes of choosing.