In my house, I almost ALWAYS have extra bananas to use up! My kiddos go in phases where they eat all the bananas up one week, but don’t touch them the next. Personally, I love it because on the weeks where I have extras, I make bread, muffins, cakes, and more!!
Last week, I had a few laying around and decided to make some good ol’ banana bread! Since my daughter LOVES dried cranberries, I bought a huge bag from Costco. As a way to use them up, I put some into my “go to” banana bread recipe and the end result was fabulous! Not only was the bread moist, flavorful, and full of that lovely banana flavor…..but it also had cranberries scattered throughout it!!
All three of my kids and hubby enjoyed this!!
Next time you have some extra bananas to use up, whip up a batch of this bread and you’ll have a great breakfast, snack, or treat for anytime of the day!!
Cranberry Banana Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cranberries, dried or fresh
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, sour cream, eggs, and bananas.
- Add in the baking soda and flour. Mix well.
- Once combined, fold in the cranberries.
- Grease a large loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Pour in the batter evenly, about 3/4 full.
- Place pans in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 60 minutes if using large loaf pan, 35-45 minutes if using mini loaf pans.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!