These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies are a sweet tooth lovers dream come true! Packed with flavor and simple to make, you’ll love this tasty treat!
Yesterday morning, being Valentine’s Day, I asked my sweetie what he wanted for dessert. Of course, I gave him a few options since I didn’t want him pulling some elaborate concoction together, he-he. He opted for these yummy chocolate chip cookie dough whoopie pies. Two chocolate cookies with cookie dough in the middle, what is yummier than that?
I don’t know if anything can top it as these were amazing!!!! Such a yummy treat!! Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s day!! Be sure to check out my other Valentine’s Day recipes HERE!
Come connect with me on Instagram too! HERE
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies
- 1 3/4 cup flour *all purpose
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, mini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients all together and mix until combined.
- Using a scoop, place 1 1/2 inch size dough balls on baking sheet (about 12 per sheet). Bake for about 8 minutes. Once baked, cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add in milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in flour and mix together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Once cookies are cooled, place a scoop of cookie dough on the middle of one cookie and spread it evenly.
- Top the cookie dough with another cookie creating a “sandwich or whoopie pie”.