This post brought to you by Char-Broil. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Cookin’ Chicks.
When my hubby and I first got married, I had never had a burger on a charcoal grill. One of our wedding presents ended up being a charcoal grill and my hubby was so excited. He grew up with his family having a charcoal grill and loving the added flavor. The first time I tried a burger from it, I was hooked. The flavor was much more enhanced and it was amazing! Char-Broil has done an amazing job of really enhancing their grills to include features that make cookouts more enjoyable for the millions of people who grill each week. Some of the features include temperature control, flare up control, easy clean up, and stability control. Their newest grill, the Char-Broil-Kettleman has a hinged, latching lid that never has to touch the ground during the grilling experience. That is definitely one feature we enjoy since we have little kids that wander around while grilling. Lowe’s and Char-Broil currently sell this grill for an awesome price of $129! If you are looking for a new grill, I highly recommend the Char-Broil-Kettleman. You can’t go wrong!
My family tried making ground turkey burgers for the first time a few years back and we were amazed at the flavor. Very similar to beef, without the added heaviness and fat. As time passed, we tried so many versions of turkey burgers, but this one is one that we have always come back to. Not only is it simple to whip up, but it uses ingredients that I almost always have on hand! With summer coming up and BBQ get togethers being planned, you should definitely add these burgers to your meal plan!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. salsa chipotle
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onion, salsa chipotle, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once combined, form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill and place burgers onto grates.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired level.
- Remove from grill and top with cheese, lettuce, onion, or any other desired toppings!