Since I am a HUGE fan of Chicken Parmesan, I love coming up with new ways to enjoy it! When I saw this casserole over at Thriving Home, I knew I had to try it! This casserole was so easy to make and was packed with flavor. We ate it over some pasta, but it would be great by itself, or even over rice!! However you choose to enjoy it, I am sure it will be a flavorful hit!!
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Pasta or rice to serve it on
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Place chicken on bottom of pan.
- Pour marinara sauce on top of chicken and mix together in pan.
- Top with the cheeses.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, olive oil, dried basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of cheese.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve over pasta or rice!