A few days ago, I was having a friend come over with her kids for a playdate. I wanted to make a snack for everyone, but had no clue what to make. Since I had some bananas to use up in my freezer, as well as some blueberries, I decided to make these muffins! The kids LOVED them and ate them up happily! My hubby had some for breakfast the next morning and thought they were great too!! The blueberry and banana flavor complimented each other perfectly! This recipe makes about 12 muffins, so it is perfect for breakfasts during the week, having friends over, company over, and more! These also freeze well too, so for those mornings on the run, these are perfect!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add in the sugar and egg, mix well.
- Add in the melted butter. Once combined, fold in the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, baking flour, salt, and flour.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Place muffin tray into preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve!