Death By Chocolate Trifle

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! This was out of this world yummy. By now, you all should have learned, that I am obsessed with chocolate. I love a yummy chocolate dessert, and this trifle made me so happy. My hubby had his 30th birthday over the weekend, and for his birthday dessert, he requested a trifle. Since I rarely repeat recipes, I decided to come up with a new version. This one wasn’t nearly as rich as the others I have made before, therefore, I will honestly admit, I added an extra scoop to my bowl, he-he. You only live once, right? If you love a yummy dessert, you need to try this, and if you try this, you need to invite me…..okay okay, I am only kidding……sorta, LOL!!

Happy Monday!!!

Ingredients:

• 1 box chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make cake)
  • 1 large container cool whip
  • 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix (and milk to make pudding)
  • 1  box Reese’s pieces
  • 1 large package Kit Kat bar
  • 1 bag Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
  • Chocolate Syrup

Directions:

1. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix and needed ingredients to make a chocolate cake. *I used Devils Chocolate cake mix.
  2. Bake cake according to directions. Once baked, allow to cool completely.
  3. In another bowl, make chocolate pudding according to directions.
  4. Fold in 1/3 container of Cool Whip into pudding, to create a chocolate mousse. Set aside.
  5. Crush up the Kit Kat bar into small pieces.

To assemble trifle, follow this order:

• 1/3 crumbled cake
  • 1/2 chocolate mousse
  • Sprinkle Candy pieces
  • 1/3 Crumbled Cake
  • Remaining cool whip
  • Sprinkle candy pieces
  • 1/3 Crumbled Cake
  • 1/2 chocolate mousse
  • Chocolate Syrup (drizzled)
  • Remaining Candy Pieces sprinkled on top
Yes, I accidentally messed up my order and put cool whip first instead of chocolate mousse, hehe!!!
Be sure to check us out on Facebook
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

27 comments

1. Erin says:

I just made a Trifle for Easter for the first time. AMAZING! But yowza! Yours looks so good. If you gotta go, I’d like to go by chocolate =o)

2. Kristin and Adriana says:

Our thoughts exactly!! We LOVE trifles and LOVE chocolate, yummy! We love to try new trifles out so shoot us the recipe of your Easter trifle if you can, we can try it out!! : )

3. TheMoonAndMe says:

Ugh…I was trying to ignore all the sweets at the party! But I couldn’t help myself…I had to stop by here and take a closer look at your trifle. Yum! It looks soooo good!
    Kelly

4. Kristin and Adriana says:

Yes, homemade works perfectly in its place, you may want to add a touch of sugar since cool whip is quite sweet! Keep refrigerated since there are no preservatives in the homemade version 🙂
    Yum!!! Let us know how it turns out!!

5. Anonymous says:

My son and I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas he gets a seperate bowl just for himself lol I use brownies instead of cake and skor bars instead of kitkats but still yummylicious any way you make it yummm

6. Julie Harper says:

Dont like mousse…..this looks really really yummy if I was to make it as a birthday dessert for everyone and it was going to be eaten at one sitting could you layer it with ice cream???

7. Kristin and Adriana says:

You could use pudding? I’m hesitant on ice cream, unless you keep it frozen up until you eat it. Ice cream may make the cake a bit mushy, but the flavor would be good. If you keep the trifle frozen, it should work. Otherwise, try subbing pudding 🙂

8. Anonymous says:

I use a brownie mix when I make this desert with sugar-free pudding and fat-free cool whip. Helps with the calories but still can have a smaller serving and not feel guilty. It’s wonderful !!!!

9. Emma Huddelston says:

everything looks so good, don’t know where to start. However, will certainly try the Chocolate Trifle!!!!!!!

Comments are closed.