Since my kiddos LOVE muffins, I always try to have some either fresh in the kitchen, or in the freezer to take out and microwave. The kids enjoy them for morning treats, afternoon snacks, or even before bedtime!
Last week, I had a few bananas to use up as well as a container of Greek yogurt that I needed to use. I decided to combine the two together and make a somewhat healthy muffin. The end result was a huge hit with the kids and I actually had to cut them off from trying to finish the whole batch off in one sitting!
The muffins have just the right amount of banana, a bit of chocolate chips throughout, and the muffin itself is moist and fluffy! Overall, its the perfect combination!
Next time you are in the baking mood, try these! Your family and you will love them!!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a mini muffin tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, into a blender container and pulse on high until well blended.
- Add in the chocolate chips stirring to combine. *Do not blend the chocolate chips otherwise it will change batter color and you wont get to taste the chocolate
- Carefully pour the batter into each greased muffin cup about 2/3 full.
- Place muffin tray in preheated oven, 400, for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 3 minutes before removing from tray to serve!
Recipe from: Running with Spoons